Thursday, February 5, 2009

Google - Man's (new) best friend


I thank the kind people whose comments on my previous post helped me put my idea into words today!!!
The past 2-3 weeks after my first post ,I have been pondering over several topics like optimism, will power, affection, humanity, small miracles... only to hit a dead end. I just realised I did something weird and have done it a couple of times so far... I try finding solutions on Google. "What's new?", u may ask.. Keep reading..

I just googled "Does it really matter?" when a trifling issue was exaggerated that more important things that actually mattered were blotted out. Another time, I had googled "Do miracles happen?" when I was'nt feeling great.

Freaky, but true!!

The best part is, I HAVE found a solution on both these occasions, even if it means only to calm down. It feels like I have sent out my negative energies into the universe and I don't own them anymore. On both these occasions, I have seen plenty of pages open up with soooooooo many other people with the same problems and sometimes scientific solutions and reasoning (to my Qs).
May be finding people with problems calms me down and makes me count my blessings instead or simply poring over the same words for a while makes me feel better (read tired and enervated that "thinking" was impossible ;))

Whatever be the reason, I have found a friend on both these occassions !!! It has been a blessing and I discovered Google is a friend that never complains.. ;)
Writing down your worries have always been advised by experts. It can turn out to be a very "one-way" method of solving your problems, but Googling is both interactive and dynamic.
It has all that you would look for in a friend - attentive, emphathetic, doesn't complain, gives you solutions and DOES'NT TALK!!! So, what if it does lack the human touch, we are a breed who talk to our colleagues sitting next to us over Messengers ;)

Google your way to health and happiness ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

knowing that others face problems similar to yours is a great healing feeling, and nobody better to find the others than a web search engine! :) ( yes, I didn't really like the fact that you were biased towards google in your article... I still do use Yahoo a few times!) ;)

a25yearold said...

haha.. ok.. lemme not be unfair to the others too now.. lets see... google, yahoo, msn, aol, ask,....... i meant ALL of them!! :)