Saturday, February 14, 2009

To be or not to be....

We cannot choose where we are born, who can be our parents, what we look like...But we sure can decide to live our life the way we want to. We are completely responsible for it.

Life offers us choices. I agree that life is not fair, but its unfair with everybody, one way or the other. If all was fair, we would all just be a set of robots made in batches living monotonous lives.

We can choose to live a happy and contended life. We can choose to live the way we like. We can dream of being anything and be it. Also, we can choose to whine and make our lives miserable.All it takes is the right choice.

I can choose to have a good and satisfactory job (vs) whining about my work everday.

I can choose to earn more (vs) whining about not having enough to spend.

I can choose to be healthy (vs) whine about paying hospital bills.

I can choose to have good friends (vs) whine about being lonely.
I can choose to live luxuriously (vs) whine about the neighbour's luxury holiday.

There you go-I am sorted.

How many of us make conscious decisions to improve our lives and how many of us seek solace in whining (kya yaaarrrrrr.......). Have we really questioned ourselves for the situation we are in? (well, please don't over do it and be a martyr and take all the blame on yourself and end up having low self -esteem).Most complaints people have (I guess a big majority of the population faces problems with their jobs, income and personal life) can be solved by making the right choices and not necessarily the tougher ones.

The problem with most of does not lie in identifying the right choice, we unconsciously go for the one with lesser efforts. If we do excel in something, its whining and the more optimistic ones divert that energy towards converting the whinings into EXCUSES!!!

Like health experts say, we do not like to be disturbed and love to be comfortable. So, our body gets stronger the more we "shake" it with workouts. Similarly our mind picks the easier choice by default, but we need to "shake" it a bit (consciously) to pick the "right" choice.

Choose what you want to be and surprise youself. All of us capable of much more than we think we are. All it takes is moving the a** around and work towards what we want.

Boys, stop being sissies.. Girls, stop being delicate darlings.. and make the right choice!!!

And whiners.... stop spreading the disease!!!


10 comments:

Shamikh Faraz said...

a nice article.

Unknown said...

you put me thinking big time... particularly because I'm reading this just after something that happened with me today!...
and 'kya yaaaarrr!' is my favoorite takiyakalam.. guess m a whiner too!!

a25yearold said...

we all are at times. what irritates me is when people jus don't move towards the solution point of the problem. they SIT down at the problem point and whine with all plans to settle down there... :@

Pesto Sauce said...

True, life is all about the choices you make

Unknown said...

I work out my witty solutions pretty quickly... dazz for sure!
... btw you've a tag waiting for you on my blog... do check it out!

Useless Bugger said...

Very true. A very intersting post!

Preeti Shenoy said...

Oh yes..I abhor whiners too.It is one thing I truly cannot stand.
We have the power to make choices. Am surprised why people don't use it!
Cheers
Preeti

Vijay said...

I tend to disagree with you that life is not fair to us. It is your perception about life which has to change. Pl find some time to read my last article titled " Are you listening" in my blog

Webreps Team said...

Hi

We are inviting you on Kolkata Blogger Meet, 2009. It will be held on 8th of August, 2009 at CCD; Sector V; Saltlake City; Kolkata (will be confirmed soon). So please register yourself here - http://www.webreps.in/Blogger/Index.html

Visit Webreps.in for more details.

Regards
Webreps Team

Vijay said...

We are responsible for making choice but we are not responsible for consequences of having made that choice